- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Apply for Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The aim of Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The value of the Creative Skillset Tick
- Eligibility for Creative Skillset accreditation
- Apply for Creative Skillset Accreditation following a Universal application process
- Apply for Creative Skillset accreditation for animation, games or screenwriting courses
- Accreditation by other organisations
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- Achieving industry best practice in education
- Animation and VFX Student showcase
- TransFUSION Conference
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
The Media School at Bournemouth University is the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK, offering courses in Corporate & Marketing Communications, Journalism & Communication, Media Production and Computer Animation.
MA Screenwriting was amongst the first such courses to be accredited by Creative Skillset.
The expanding world of television and film creates an ever-increasing need for high quality scripts and ideas. This part-time MA Screenwriting course is taught entirely by residential/attendance periods combined with distance-learning, allowing you to fit study in-and-around your other commitments.
You will be on campus for approximately three weeks during the entire two-year course in a total of four residential periods. During these periods you will be involved in a range of activities that are designed to develop your knowledge and expertise in the area of writing for the screen.
Throughout the rest of the programme you work through a range of script assignments and the tutorial schedule allows for close supervision and guidance from the academic staff (who are all professional working writers). You will be allocated to a different tutor for each assignment, so that during the two-year programme you have the experience of working with a variety of styles and methods.
Click here for further course details of Bournemouth's MA Screenwriting degree.