- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Fashion Design courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Apply for Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The aim of Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The value of the Creative Skillset Tick
- Eligibility for Creative Skillset accreditation
- Apply for Creative Skillset Accreditation following a Universal application process
- Apply for Creative Skillset accreditation for animation, games or screenwriting courses
- Accreditation by other organisations
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- Achieving industry best practice in education
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
London Film School
The London Film School (LFS) MA Screenwriting course is an intense one-year programme with the emphasis on developing the writer's original voice through small group and one-to-one mentoring from industry professionals.
LFS aims to encourage writing as a continuous practice, to stimulate reflective and critical approaches and to provide a specific historical background to film narrative, genres and dramaturgy.
The course is aimed at developing screenwriting skills in the context of a filmmaking community where writing is a collaborative process involving actors, directors, musicians, editors and producers. The course explores the boundaries between writing and directing and stimulates debate through classes in film history, crosscultural approaches to dramaturgy and script readings with professional actors.
Regular screenings of classic and contemporary films in the LFS's own film theatre and visits by contemporary filmmakers complement the core practical work of developing a feature screenplay.
The LFS MA Screenwriting programme provides a year of critical and creative development, a network of future contacts and a space where a writer can define their interests and particular talent.
Click here for more details of the London Film School MA Screenwriting degree.