- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Fashion Design courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Apply for Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The aim of Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The value of the Creative Skillset Tick
- Eligibility for Creative Skillset accreditation
- Apply for Creative Skillset Accreditation following a Universal application process
- Apply for Creative Skillset accreditation for animation, games or screenwriting courses
- Accreditation by other organisations
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- Achieving industry best practice in education
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
National Film and Television School
The NFTS MA Screenwriting course prepares writers for work in film and television. Taught by working writers, producers and commissioners, the course addresses the main aspects of the profession of writing.
Graduating screenwriters will have had the opportunity to complete a range of work for their portfolio, demonstrating their talent and unique voice. Introductions are made to literary agents, broadcasters and film and television production companies.
Unlike a Screenwriting MA based in an academic institution, this course is set in a working film and television studio. It covers all aspects of screenwriting, from the development of ideas through to production and post production.
Screenwriting students have their writing work-shopped by professional directors and actors. Working with student producers and directors, they have the chance to see their writing tested in production. The NFTS programme also includes masterclasses from eminent practitioners in all fields and regular previews of current film releases.
Screenwriting graduates have access to feature and TV project development opportunities, set up by the School in partnership with film companies and broadcasters such as BBC Films, Vertigo Films, and NBC TV via Carnival Films.
Click here for further details of the NFTS MA Screenwriting degree.