- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Fashion Design courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Apply for Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The aim of Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The value of the Creative Skillset Tick
- Eligibility for Creative Skillset accreditation
- Apply for Creative Skillset Accreditation following a Universal application process
- Apply for Creative Skillset accreditation for animation, games or screenwriting courses
- Accreditation by other organisations
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- Achieving industry best practice in education
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
Skillset Craft and Technical Academy
The newly launched Skillset Craft and Technical Skills Academy has been established in response to an on-going need: if the UK is to maintain its reputation for world class film and TV production, then we must continue to invest in the skills of the craft and technical crew.
Working closely with studios and other film industry companies, the Academy will become a centre of excellence in film, providing apprenticeships and qualifications for people looking to enter and already working within the craft and technical departments of the UK film industry.
Training is initially being developed for Art Department, Camera, Construction, Costume & Wardrobe and Lighting departments, as well as and Health and Safety. The training on offer includes new entry programmes, Apprenticeships, vocational qualifications and professional development programmes to support individuals at all levels of their career.
In addition, trainees will be available at subsidised rates to film productions that pay the Skills Investment Fund (SIF), bringing the best new talent to the industry as well as giving trainees opportunities for development and networking.
Find out more by visiting the Skillset Craft and Technical Academy website.
The Skillset Craft and Technical Skills is a collaboration between Skillset – the Sector Skills Council for the Creative Media - and Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College. The Academy is made possible through funding received from industry contributions to the Skills Investment Fund (SIF), the voluntary levy on productions filmed in the UK, and is part of Skillset’s A Bigger Future 2 initiative.