- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Fashion Design courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- Abertay University
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- The London Film School, A Skillset Film Academy
- National Film and Television School, A Creative Skillset Film Academy
- Screen Academy Scotland: A Creative Skillset Film Academy
- Agility in education
- Alumni monitoring
- Embedding professional preparation
- Fusing creativity, technology and new business
- Setting live briefs
- Work experience works
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
What is the Tick?
You know you want to work in the Creative Industries, but you have no idea whether to go to university or study an apprenticeship.
With so many creative courses and apprenticeships out there all over the UK, how can you possibly know which are the best?
Actually, it’s surprisingly simple.
Pick the Tick®.
The Creative Skillset Tick is a quality mark of quality indicating the courses and apprenticeships best suited to prepare you for a career in the Creative Industries.
For a course or apprenticeship to be awarded the Creative Skillset Tick, you can be sure that it has undergone a rigorous assessment process conducted by experts working in the Creative Industries. They only give the Tick to those courses and apprenticeships that have the strongest links with industry.
This ensures that the courses keep up with the rapid pace of creative change, and students benefit from using the latest technologies and working with industry throughout their studies.
Employment in the Creative Industries continues to grow at an annual rate of 2%. However, there is an oversupply of graduates who have received a general ‘creative’ education.
Employers don’t want to have to provide new employees with basic skills and knowledge that they should already have learnt, and they haven’t got time to sift through hundreds of mediocre applicants to find the one who can hit the ground running. They’ll be looking at a simple indicator of the best graduates.
So, Pick the Tick® to stand out from the crowd.
Click here to visit our Pick the Tick Facebook page for all the latest news.