- Pick the Tick®: Degree courses
- What is the Tick?
- What does the Tick mean for employers?
- Accredited Advertising courses
- Accredited Animation courses
- Accredited Art and Design, CGI/Graphics courses
- Accredited Film Production courses
- Accredited Games and Interactive courses
- De Montfort University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Newcastle University
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Southampton Solent University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of the West of Scotland
- Accredited Media Business courses
- Accredited Media Technology courses
- Accredited Photo Imaging courses
- Accredited Post Production courses
- Accredited Pre-Production/Screenwriting courses
- Accredited Publishing courses
- Accredited Radio courses
- Accredited TV Production courses
- Apply for Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The aim of Creative Skillset degree accreditation
- The value of the Creative Skillset Tick
- Eligibility for Creative Skillset accreditation
- Apply for Creative Skillset Accreditation following a Universal application process
- Apply for Creative Skillset accreditation for animation, games or screenwriting courses
- Accreditation by other organisations
- Creative Skillset Film Academies
- Achieving industry best practice in education
- Animation and VFX Student showcase
- TransFUSION Conference
- Pick the Tick®: Short courses
- Pick the Tick®: Apprenticeships
- Build your own MA
- What are Build your own MA media short courses?
- Why take a Build your own MA media short course?
- Build your qualification
- Module overlaps for Build your own MA courses
- Am I eligible to do a Build your own MA media short course?
- How do I apply for a Build your own MA course?
- Specialist Qualifications and Tailored Programmes
- Creative Skillset Funding for Courses
- Health and Safety
- Support for courses for the Film industry
- Support for courses for the TV industry
- Support for courses for creative media in Wales
- Search all Courses
- Browse all Courses
- Your account
- Assess your skills
Extending the Tick
Creative Skillset is extending the Creative Skillset Tick across a wider range of products and services in the Creative Industries, namely Apprenticeship delivery and short course CPD programmes.
For a course, product or service to be awarded the Tick, it has undergone a rigorous assessment process conducted by assessors with expert knowledge in the Creative Industries. Until now, the Tick has focused on higher education, helping people identify the degree courses and institutions that will best prepare them for a career in the Creative Industries.
Instrumental to the growth of the Creative Industries must a highly skilled workforce. The value of the Tick lies in identifying the absolute best provision, which has worked so well in higher education. Subsequently the Creative Industries have asked Skillset to extend the Tick to other kinds of training courses and qualifications to help businesses and individuals identify the highest quality, most relevant courses at any stage of a creative career.
The pilot scheme
Creative Skillset has run a pilot from November 2011 due to finish in March 2012, inviting groups of Apprenticeship and short course providers to submit themselves for accreditation assessment. Following the evaluation of this pilot, accreditation will be opened up to all training providers from April 2012.
Creative Skillset is looking to accredit the training provider’s delivery of an existing programme or course, not the Provider itself within Apprenticeships and short course accreditation. For example, if a college or private training provider ran two apprenticeships, they would need to submit themselves for accreditation of each delivery programme, as opposed to submitting the institution itself. The Creative Skillset Tick is for courses, not organisations.
Training providers will be able to promote their Creative Skillset accreditation in relation to their accredited course(s) or programme(s), but not in relation to their overall organisation.
There will be no charge for participation in the pilot. After the pilot, a commercial rate for registration and accreditation will be applicable.